|Home >> Exams >> AIIMS PG PD Courses July 2009 Session Admission Notification|
|AIIMS PG PD Courses July 2009 Session Admission Notification|
|AIIMS Post Graduate Post Doctoral Courses July 2009 Session Admission Notice|
ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (AIIMS) - ADMISSION NOTICE FOR POST-GRADUATE / POST-DOCTORAL COURSES, JULY 2009 SESSION
All India Institute of Medical Sciences Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110608
Admission Notice No. 2/2009
Post-Graduate/Post-Doctoral Courses, July, 2009 Session
(I) Seats Available
(A) MD/MS/M.Ch (6 Years)/MDS:
Total Seats / Gen / Obc* / SC / ST / Spon/Foreign
(a) Clinical Sciences
Anaesthesiology - 5 / 3 / 1 / 1 / - / 3
Dermatology & Venereology - 2 / 1 / 1 / - / - / 2
Medicine - 4 / 3 / 1 / - / - / 2
Nuclear Medicine - 4 / 2 / 1 / - / 1 / 2
Obst & Gynaecology - 7 / 4 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 3
Opthalmology - 15 / 11 / 2 / 1 / 1 / 3
Orthopaedics - 2 / - / 1 / 1 / - / 1
Othorhinolaryngology - 3 / 1 / 1 / - / 1 / 3
Paediatrics - 3 / 2 / 1 / - / - / 1
Psychiatry - 3 / 1 / 1 / 1 / - / 3
Radiodiagnosis - 1 / - / 1 / - / - / -
Radiotherapy - 2 / 1 / 1 / - / - / 2
Surgery - 6 / 3 / 2 / 1 / - / 2
Community Medicine - 4 / 3 / 1 / - / - / 3
Phy. Med. & Rehabilitation - 2 / 2 / - / - / - / 3
(b) Basic Clinical Sciences
Anatomy - 4 / 2 / 1 / 1 / - / 3
Biochemistry - 4 / 2 / - / 1 / 1 / -
Biophysics - 3 / 2 / 1 / - / - / 3
Forensic Medicine - 2 / 1 / 1 / - / - / 3
Lab Medicine - 1 / 1 / - / - / - / 3
Microbiology - 1 / 1 / - / - / - / 3
Pathology - 5 / 5 / - / - / - / 3
Pharmacology - 4 / 2 / - / 1 / 1 / 3
Physiology - 4 / 3 / - / 1 / - / 3
Orthodontics - 2 / 1 / 1 / - / - / -
Prosthodontics - 1 / 1 / - / - / - / -
Conservative Dentistry - 1 / 1 / - / - / - / -
Oral & Maxilofacial Surgery - 1 / 1 / - / - / - / -
Grand Total (a+b+c) - 96 / 59 / 20 / 11 / 6 / 57
M.Ch (6 years)
Neurosurgery - 1 / 1 / - / - / - / -
Paediatrics Surgery - 3 / 3 / - / - / - / -
*20 (Twenty) PG seats as above for OBC are subject to the outcome of the letter no F-4-7/2009 (Acad.) dated 03.03.2009 written by AIIMS to the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt of India, in this regard.
Open / Spon.
Cardiology - 3 / -
Cardiac-Anaesthesiology - 2 / -
Clinical Hematology - 1 / 2
Endocrinology - 1 / 1
Gastroenterology - 2 / 1
Haemato-Pathology - - / 1
Medical Oncology - 2 / 3
Neonatology - 1 / 1
Nephrology - 1 / 1
Neuro-anaesthesiology - 1 / 2
Neurology - 2 / 1
Neuro_Radiology - 1 / 3
Paediatric Neurology - 1 / 2
Clinical Pharmacology - 1 / 1
CTVs - 4 / 3
Neuro-Surgery - 1 / -
Paed. Surgery - 1 / 3
Urology - 1 / 2
G.I. Surgery - 1 / 1
C. Master in Hospital Administration (MHA):
General Nil, Sponsored 02
D. Ph.D: Seats are available in the following departments:
Anatomy 6 seats
Biochemistry 04 seats
Biophysics 08 seats
Biostatistics 05 seats
Community Medicine 02 Seats
Dermatology & Venereology 02 Seats
Forensic Medicine 01 Seat
Gastroenterology & HNU 03 seats
Hematology 02 seats
Transplant Immunology & Immunogenetics 02 seats
Lab. Medicine 03 seats
Medicine 01 seat
Medical Oncology (IRCH) 01 seat
Radiology (IRCH) 01 seat
Microbiology 03 seats
Neurology 03 seats
Obstetrics & Gynaecology 02 seats
Pathology 01 seat
Paediatrics 05 seats
Paediatrics Surgery 01 seat
Pharmacology 07 seats
Psychiatry (Addiction Psychiatry) 01 seat
Psychiatry (Clinical Psychology) 02 seats
Opthalmology Dr. R.P. Centre 02 seats
Reproducitve Biology 03 seats
College of Nursing 02 seats
Nuclear Medicine 02 seats
1. For MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years)/MDS Courses:
(i) MBBS/BDS degree of a university recognized by the MCI/DCI.
(ii) 55% aggregate marks in all MBBS/BDS professional examinations (50% in the case of candidates belonging to SCs/STs).
(iii) Must have completed the required period of 12 months pre-registration internship from a recognized hospital on or before 30th July, 2009.
Candidates who have already done/are pursuing MD/MS/MDS in any subject at the time of counselling are not eligible for MD/MS/MDS courses.
2. For DM/M.Ch Courses: A candidate must possess a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline as mentioned hereunder:
(a) M.D. in Medicine/Pediatrics for D.M. in Cardiology, endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, Medical Oncology and Clinical haematology.
(b) M.D. in Medicine for D.M. in gastroenterology.
(c) M.D in Pathology for D.M. in Haem. Pathology.
(d) M.D in Radio-diagnosis for D.M. in Neuro-Radiology
(e) M.D. in Anaesthesiology for D.M. in Cardiac-Anaesthesiology and Neuro-Anaesthesiology
(f) M.D. in Paediatrics for D.M. in Neonatology and Paediatric Neurology
(g) M.D. in Medicine/harmacology/Pediatrics for D.M. in clinical Pharmacology
(h) M.Ch. A candidate must posses M.S. degree in Surgery of this Institute or any other university recognized by the MCI.
Note: The candidates who are likely to complete 3 years requisite tenure and degree by 30th July, 2009 may also apply. However, the candidates who complete their 3 years requisite tenure after 30th July, 2009 are not eligible to take-up this examination.
Upper age limit: For DM/M.Ch. courses: 35 years as on 1st July, 2009 relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years. (There is no upper age limit for sponsored candidates).
3. For Master in Hospital Administration (M.H.A.): Eligibility: For medical graduates: MBBS or an equivalent degree with not less than 55% aggregate marks with 3 years experience in a recognized hospital or 5 years experience in general practice. For non-medical graduates (eligible for sponsored seats only): (a) Bachelors degree of a recognized University in Arts or Science or Nursing or Business Administration or Commerce or Engineering or any technical subject with at least 60% marks. (b) 7 years experience in a responsible administrative position.
4. For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): A degree of M.Sc or Masters degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or Masters degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks, or MD/MS or an equivalent degree or diplomate of the National Board of Examination or MBBS degree with not less than 55% aggregate marks.
Note: The candidates who are likely to complete requisite qualification and awarded degree by 30th July, 2009 may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification after 30th July, 2009 are not eligible to take-up this examination.
Date for Entrance Examinations:
(i) MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years)/MDS 10th May, 2009 in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai;
(ii) DM/M.Ch/M.H.A. 17th-23rd May, 2009 in Delhi only;
(iii) Ph.D 27th June-3rd July, 2009 in Delhi only.
Prospectus-cum-application forms (common for all the above mentioned courses) costing Rs. 1000/- (General/OBC category) and Rs. 800/- (SC/ST category) can be obtained against CASH PAYMENT from any of the following branches of S.B.I. as per schedule indicated below:
1. Andhra Pradesh (i) Osman gunj. M.J. Road, Hyderabad (ii) Main Branch, Rednam garden, Visakhapatnam.
2. Bihar Main Branch, West Gandhi Maidan, Patna.
3. Chandigarh Punjab University, Sector-14.
4. Chhatisgarh Kutchery chowk, Raipur.
5. Delhi - (i) Ansari Nagar, (ii) Delhi University, (iii) Swasthaya Vihar, (iv) Main Branch, Parliament Street, (v) Tilak Nagar, (vi) Lajpat Nagar (Ring Road).
6. Gujarat - Gujarat Univ. Branch, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad
7. Himachal Pradesh The mall, Main branch, Shimla
8. Jharkhand S.N. Ganguli Road, Ranchi
9. J&K (i) Hari Market, Jammu (ii) Main branch, Srinagar
10. Karnataka State Bank Road, Bangaluru
11. Kerala (i) Main branch, M.G. road, Thiruvananthapuram, (ii) K.K. Road, Kottayam
12. Maharashtra (i) IIT Powai, Mumbai (ii) Medical College, Nagpur (iii) Main Branch, Collector Office Compound, Pune (iv) Kranti Chowk, Aurangabad
13. Madhya Pradesh (i) Sultania Road branch, Bhopal (ii) G.R. Medical College Branch, JAH Campus, Gwalior
14. Orissa Main Branch, Collectorate Compound, Cuttak
15. Punjab Town Hall, Main branch, Amritsar,
16. Rajasthan Tonk Road, Jaipur
17. Tamil Nadu (i) Madras University Branch, Chennai (ii) Main branch, Rajaji Salai, Chennai
18. U.P. (i) Main Branch, Moti Mahal marg, Lucknow, (ii) Sec-2 Noida (iii) Navyug Market, Ghaziabad
19. West Bengal (i) Kalighat, S.P.M. Road, Kolkata (ii) Park Street, Kolkata
The forms can also be obtained BY POST by sending a crossed Bank Draft for Rs. 1050/- for General/OBC and Rs. 850/- for SC/ST category, drawn in favour of the AIIMS-PG July, 2009. The bank draft should be payable at New Delhi and should be valid upto August/September, 2009. Indian Postal Orders, money orders, cheques or cash will NOT be accepted for postal sale. The request should reach the Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110608 on or before 30th March, 2009. The address at which Application Form is required should be written clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS and with PIN code. The following words should be written on top of the envelope: Request for Application Form for AIIMS-PG/Post Doctoral Courses, July 2009 Session. AIIMS will not be responsible for delay/non-receipt of Application Form caused by illegible or incomplete address.
Note: 1. Central/State sponsored/foreign national candidates are also required to fill in the prescribed application form. 2. A candidate can apply for DM/M.Ch & Ph.D courses on a separate application form.
1. Candidates must obtain application form ONLY from an authorized branch of SBI or by post from Examination Section of AIIMS. Forms obtained from an unauthorized source will be rejected.
2. Candidates are advised to procure blank application forms as early as possible instead of waiting for the last date. If application forms are sold out before the last date of sale and the same are not available, AIIMS/SBI or its specified branches will not be responsible for any consequences that may arise due to non-availability of forms. If a candidate does not get the form through Post Office in time, AIIMS will not be responsible for such lapses.
Schedule for sale of prospectus-cum-application form:
Against cash payment by above listed branches of SBI (except Ansari Nagar and Parliament Street, New Delhi): 19.03.2009 to 30.03.2009Against cash payment from SBI, Ansari Nagar and Parliament Street, New Delhi: 19.03.2009 to 02.04.2009By speed post/Regd. Post against Bank Draft from the Office of Asst. Controller of Examination, AIIMS: 19.03.2009 to 30.03.2009Last date for receipt of completed applications at Examination Section, AIIMS: 02.04.2009 by 05.00 pmNote: After the last date, application received by courier or by any other means will not be accepted, irrespective of the date of booking.This admission notice is also available on the internet at www.aiims.ac.in and www.aiims.edu as well as www.aiimsexaminations.com & www.aiimsexaminations.net
Correction - Reference outer envelope, Sl.No. 2 under heading This Envelope contains Scannable and Non‐Scannable application forms.Please note that only one application form is prescribed and available in the envelope, hence only one form is required to be deposited.
Corrigendum to Admission Notice No. 2/2009 published on 14.03.2009.
In compliance to the orders of Honble Delhi High Court of June, 2004 in the matter of the AIIMS Vs Dr. A.M.V.R. Narendra W.A. 127/2003 and 177/2003 regarding the admission to DM/M.Ch. Courses and as per directions on the subject revised selectionprocedure for DM/MCh/ MHA courses and Ph.D Programme from July, 2009 session onwards will be as under:
Stage I A Written test for 130 marks of 120 minutes (2 hours) duration in the subject concerned, the candidate has applied for. The question paper will consist of 130 Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) out of which 100 marksMCQs pertaining to the subject concerned and further the question paper will consist of 30 (MCQs) relating to Clinical Assessment, DiagnosticEvaluation including Laboratory Testing and planning the Management in respective fields. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark. Each wrong answer will be awarded one-third negative mark.
More than one answer will be treated as wrong answer and awarded negative mark (-1/3). Zero mark will be given for question not answered.
Stage II Out of candidates who secured 50% marks or above in the written test MCQs (Stage-I), candidates three times the number of seats advertised will be called for interview. There will be no cut off marks for interview.
Note: (I) The result of stage-I, will be displayed on the Notice Board of ExaminationSection, AIIMS. No individual intimation will be sent.
(II) The merit list shall be prepared on the basis of combined marks i.e. writtentest (MCQs 100+30 marks = 130) and interview (20 marks).
(III) In case, if a candidates does not appear in one of the above two stages then he/she will not be considered as a qualified candidate.
(IV) The wait list will also be prepared for the concerned subject/department.
The schedule for Stage I (Written Test) as well as Stage II (interview) will remain the same.NB: The method of selection given in the prospectus for DM/M.Ch. Courses in SuperSpeciality Departments, MHA course and Ph.D Programme for July, 2009 session has been cancelled and withdrawn and revised procedure will be as given above.
Post New Topic
Ayush And Health Sci
Ayush & Health Scien
UPUMCWA UPPGMET 2011
COMEDK PGET 2011 NOT
Positively Skewed Di
Mcqs Ranks Section U
Mocktest AIPGMEE 201
Radiotherapy Mcqs Up
Orthopaedics Mcqs Up
Karuna Mujalda (50)
Tanushree Pandi (21)
Jiss Joseph Pan (10)