Netmedicos.com

Turning Dreams of Medicos Into Reality...!!!
Mcqs MBBS Exams India
Welcome, GuestLogin / Register
Home >> Community Medicine >> ForumTopic: Current recommendation for breast feeding??

Author:Message
dvdabba

Total Posts: 12

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 03:16 am

The current recommendation for breast feeding is that ?

A) Exclusive breast feeding should be continued till 6 months of age followed by supplementation with additional foods

B) Exclusive breast feeding should be continued till 4 months of age followed by supplementation with additional foods

C) Colostrum is the most suitable food for a new born baby but it is best avoided in first 2 days

D) The baby should be allowed to breast feed till one year of age

Ans as per key is B.
I think its A. (upto 6 months) Also checked from WHO site.
Netmedicos plz clarify
Admin

Total Posts: 890

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 04:06 am

Dear User,

The correct answer is A.

Here are WHO's comments -
Breastfeeding is the normal way of providing young infants with the nutrients they need for healthy growth and development. Virtually all mothers can breastfeed, provided they have accurate information, and the support of their family, the health care system and society at large.

Colostrum, the yellowish, sticky breast milk produced at the end of pregnancy, is recommended by WHO as the perfect food for the newborn, and feeding should be initiated within the first hour after birth.

Exclusive breastfeeding is recommended up to 6 months of age, with continued breastfeeding along with appropriate complementary foods up to two years of age or beyond.

Thanks for pointing out the error.

We have corrected the answer with explanation.

With regards,
Netmedicos
aprajita

Total Posts: 1

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 05:37 am

its A
chandru1294

Total Posts: 19

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 07:10 pm

guys pls let me know regerding ssc recruitments.. am not getting the information regarding it in indian army site where it suppossed to be there... last date is 15th april it seems.. pls let me know...
You need to be logged in to post messages.