Netmedicos.com

Turning Dreams of Medicos Into Reality...!!!
Mcqs MBBS Exams India
Welcome, GuestLogin / Register
Home >> Study >> ForumTopic: Triple bolus test

Author:Message
superbdoc

Total Posts: 273

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 05:37 am

Please post any info that u have abt “Triple bolus” test of pituitary function...asked in JIPMER of 2000.

Sad
superbdoc

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:05 am

Please try someone....yaar this solitude really hurts!!! Sad
verasian

Total Posts: 63

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 02:02 am

A triple bolus test or a dynamic pituitary function test is a medical diagnostic procedure used to assess a patient's pituitary function. Three hormones (usually synthetic analogues) are injected as a bolus into the patient's vein to stimulate the anterior pituitary gland: insulin, gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH), and thyrotropin-releasing hormone (TRH). The gland's response is assessed by measuring cortisol, growth hormone (GH), prolactin, thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) hormone levels. Blood glucose levels are also monitored for hypoglycemia. A triple bolus test is usually ordered and interpreted by endocrinologists.
The triple bolus test was introduced in 1973 by physicians from the London [[Royal Postgraduate Medical School]] and Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham. It followed earlier reports combining insulin and vasopressin analogues in the diagnosis of hypopituitarism.
indent

Total Posts: 54

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 05:07 am

wow
jemzcal

Total Posts: 127

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 05:10 am

great info
thanx buddy
superbdoc

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 02:17 pm

Its now a priviledge that knowledgable contributers like verasian & indent helping... Surprised
superbdoc

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 02:20 pm

sorry....I left my dear friend jemzcal....

You too have helped keep my spirit going... Very Happy
You need to be logged in to post messages.