Netmedicos.com

Turning Dreams of Medicos Into Reality...!!!
Mcqs MBBS Exams India
Welcome, GuestLogin / Register
Home >> Study >> ForumTopic: thanks but one more dbt

Author:Message
nadig

Total Posts: 10

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 04:34 pm

thanks a lot . this is truly a good practical solution. but i still have one anxiety . i did handle one case, no senior came for my help and that patient had complication later. nobody scolded me as such but i am scared where the patients side wil put a case or something on me but i am not at all responsible cause my seniors dindt respond. i have not taken any precautions that u have told now.as of now the patient has gone and no one from his family has come for any enqury regarding this.in such a case wil i be held liable if they put any case? plz give me a proper solution i am waiting eagerly for ur reply. thank u
juhidr

Total Posts: 149

Posted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 05:36 pm

in this case, as the patient has gone and no one has enquired anything, they do not suspect anything (probably), so you have nothing to worry in the first place.

if you are still worried ---->
1. You attended the patient - > Yes
2. You tried your best to help him - > Yes
3. Misdiagnosis is not an offence but negligence is - > You were prompt to attend him (You were not negligent, your seniors were) (But there is no proof of negligence of your seniors, until you BLAME them and act as evidence, which would not be right as per hippocratic oath Wink )
4. An intern is not supposed to know everything
5. You cannot be charged at all first of all / even if you are charged, you can say only the positive things i.e. for e.g. from the symptoms and physical findings, it appeared to you that diagnosis was in favour of "X", so you suggested / did "Y". (i.e. you take it in favour of error in diagnosis, and you are SAVED (AT NO POINT YOU CAN SAY - NO ONE CAME FOR YOUR HELP)

REST ASSURED - NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.

CONCENTRATE for PG
You need to be logged in to post messages.