ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
ANSARI NAGAR, NEW DELHI 110 020
ADMISSION NOTICE NO. 3/2006
POST-GRADUATE / POST-DOCTORAL COURSES, JANUARY 2007 SESSION
A) MD / MS / M.Ch (6 Yrs.) / MDS :
| MD / MS |
A. CLINICAL SCIENCES
|Dermatology & venereology||1|
|Obst. & Gynaecology||11|
|Phy. Med. & Rehabilitation||3|
|B. BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES|
|Conservative Dentistry & |
|Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1|
|GRAND TOTAL (A+B+C)||126|
|II. M.Ch. (6 years)|
B) (i) DM / M.Ch. :
|Pediatric Neurology|| |
|G I Surqery|| |
|Med. Oncology|| |
|Ped. Surgery|| |
B) (ii) Non DM/Non M.Ch.:
|Cardiology (Trauma Centre)||1|
|Endocrinology (Trauma Centre)||1|
|Neuro Surgery (Trauma Centre)||6|
|Neuro Surgery (Casualty)||4|
C) Master in Hospital Administration (MHA) : General : 3; Sponsored :4.
D) Ph. D: Seats are available in the following Departments:
|Endocrinology & Metabolism||2|
|Gastroenterology & HNU||3|
|Nuclear Magnetic Resonance||2|
|Obst. & Gynaecology||2|
|Psychiatry (Cl. Psychology)||1|
|Ocular Biochemistry (Dr. RPC)||1|
|Ocular Microbiology (Dr. RPC)||2|
|Ocualr Phgarmacology (Dr. RPC)||2|
|Ocular Pathology (Dr. RPC)||1|
|Comea (Dr. RPC)||2|
|Refr Surgery (Dr. RPC)||1|
II) ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS :
1. For MD / MS / M.Ch (6 years) / MDS Courses :
i) MBBS / BDS degree of a University recognised by the MCI / DCI.
ii) 55% aggregate marks in all MBBS / BDS professional examinations (50% in the case of candidates belonging to SCs / STs).
iii) Must have completed the required period of pre-registration internship for 12 months in a recognized hospital on or before 30 th January, 2007 .
Candidates who have already done / are pursuing MD / MS / MDS in any subject at the time of counseling are not eligible for MD / MS /MDS courses.
2. (A) For DM / M.Ch. Courses : Must posses a degree of (a) M.D. in Medicine for D.M. in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Gastroenterology, Neurology or M.D. in Pathology for D.M. in Haematpathology or M.D. in Medicine/Paediatrics for D.M. in Medical Oncology or M.D. in Radio-diagnosis for D.M. in Cardiac-Anaesthesiology and Neuro Anaesthesiology or M.D. in Paediatrics for D.M. in Neonatology and D.M. in Paediatric Neurology, and (b) M.S. in General Surgery for M.Ch. courses of this Institute or any other University recognised by the MCI for this purpose. (B) For Non DM / Non M.Ch. Courses : The 48 post of Senior Residents will be filled in for the tenure period/adhoc term during the period w.e.f. 01.01.2007 to 30.06.2007 as per Govt. of India Residency Scheme or till such time these posts are converted to that of DM/M.Ch. seats in the concerned departments after the approval of the various Competent Bodies of the Institute, whichever is earlier. The eligibility criteria for the Non DM / Non M.Ch. posts will be same as for DM/M.Ch. (Academic Seasts).
Upper Age Limit : For DM / M.Ch. Courses : 35 years as on 1 st January, 2007 relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 yrs. (There is no upper age limit for sponsored candidates). For Non DM / Non M.Ch. Courses (for Senior Residents) : 33 years, relaxation for SC/ST candidate upto a maximum of 5 years, in case of OBC candidate upto a maximum of 3 years.
3. For Master in Hospital Administration (M.H.A.): Eligibility : For medical graduates : MBBS or an equivalent degree with not less than 55% aggregate marks with 3 years experience in a recognised hospital or 5 years experience in general practice. For non-medical graduates (eligible for sponsored seat only) : (a) Bachelors degree of a recognised University in Arts of Science or Nursing or Business Administration or Commerce or Engineering or any technical subject with at least 60% marks (b) 7 years experience in a responsible administrative position.
4. For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.): A degree of M.Sc. or Master's degree in any subject allied to Medical Sciences or Master's degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks or MD / MS or an equivalent degree in any subject allied to Medical Sciences or Diploma of the National Board of Examinations or MBBS degree with not less than 55 % marks.
III) DATES FOR ENTRANCE EXAMINATION : (i) MD / MS / M.Ch (6 years) / MDS 12 th November, 2006 in Delhi only; (ii) DM / M.Ch. / M.H.A. 17 th 22 nd December, 2006 in Delhi only; (iii) Ph.D. 20 th 27 th January, 2007 in Delhi only.
IV) PROSPECTUS-CUM-APPICATION FORMS (common for all the above mentioned courses) costing Rs. 500/- (Rs. 400/- for SC / ST category) can be obtained against CASH PAYMENT from any of the following branches of S.B.I. as per schedule indicated below :
1. Andhra Pradesh i) Begum Bazar, Hyderabad ; ii) Main Branch - Vishakapatnam; 2. Bihar : Main Branch, Patna ; 3. Chandigarh - Punjab University., 4. Chhatisgarh Raipur Branch, Raipur . 5. Delhi - i)Ansari Nagar; ii) Delhi University ; iii) Swasthaya Vihar; iv) Main branch, Parliament street , v) Tilak Nagar; vi) R.K.Puram. 6. Gujarat Gujarat Univ. Branch, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad. 7. Himachal Pradesh - Shimla 8.Jharkhand - Main Road , Ranchi 9. J&K - Hari Market, Jammu 10. Karnatka Madras Bank Road , Bangalore . 11. Kerala i) Main Branch, M.G. Road , Thiruvananthapuram; ii) Kottayam; 12. Maharastra i) I.I.T Powai, Mumbai; ii) Medical College , Nagpur iii) Pune; iv) Kranti Chowk, 13. Madhya Pradesh: i) Sultania Road Branch, Bhopal , ii) G.R. Medical College Branch, JAH Campus, Gwalior 14. Orrisa Cuttack 15. Punjab Amritsar 16. Rajasthan Tonk Road , Jaipur. 17. Tamil Nadu i) Madras University Branch, Chennai, i) Main ii) Navyug Market, Ghaziabad . 19. West Bengal i) Kalighat, S.P. Rd , Kolkata, ii) Park Street, Kolkata.
The forms can also be obtained BY POST by sending a crossed Bank Draft for Rs. 550/- (Rs. 450/- for S.Cs. and S.Ts.) drawn in favour of the Sale of Prospectus Form for AIIMS-PG Jan., 2007 Session, Current Account No . 01000066590. The Bank Draft issued by S.B.I. Branches should be payable at the State Bank of India , Ansari Nagar Branch (Code No. 1536), New Delhi and should be valid upto March, 2007. Indian Postal Orders, money orders, cheques or cash will NOT be accepted for postal sale. The request should reach the Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi - 110029 on or before 10 th Sept., 2006 . The address at which Application Form is required should be written clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS and with PIN code. The following words should be written on top of the envelop: " Request for Application Form for AIIMS-PG/Post Doctoral Courses, January 2007 Session". AIIMS will not be responsible for delay in / non-receipt of Application Form caused by illegible or incomplete address.
1. Central / State sponsored / foreign national candidates are also required to fill in the prescribed application form.
2. A candidate can submit only one application form for DM / M.Ch & Ph. D courses
1. Candidates must obtain application forms ONLY from an authorised branch of S.B.I. or by post from Examination Section of AIIMS. Forms obtained from an unauthorized source will be rejected.
2. Candidates are advised to procure blank application forms as early as possible instead of waiting for the last date. If Application Forms are sold out before the last date of sale and the same are not available, AIIMS/ SBI or its specified branches will not be responsible for nay consequences that may arise due to non-availability of forms. If a candidate does not get the form through Post Office in time, AIIMS will not be responsible for such lapses.
Schedule for sale of Prospectus-cum-Application Forms :
1. Against cash payment by above listed branches of State Bank of India (except Ansari Nagar, New Delhi)
..17.08.2006 to 13.09.2006
2. Against cash payment from S.B.I., Ansari Nagar, New Delhi ..17.08.2006 to 16.09.2006
3. By Speed Post / REgd. Post against bank Draft from the Office of Asstt. Controller of Examinations, AIIMS .17.08.2006 to 10.09.2006
Last date for receipt of completed applications at Examination Section, A.I.M.S 16.09.2006 to 5:00 PM
Note : After the last date, applications received by courier or by any other means will not be accepted, irrespective of the date of booking.