>> New Zealand Exams
>> CPS Diploma
Diploma in Child Protection Studies (CPS) is an NZQA Accredited Diploma qualification.
It is meant anyone who works with and or cares about children including
1. Those who would like to become a child advocate.
2. Those already working with children, to enhance knowledge and extend their networks.
3. Managers and leaders
The Diploma in Child Protection Studies provides with the skills and confidence to be strong advocates for children. Aims is to raise the skill and consciousness of the entire community in child protection and advocacy including leaders and managers.Course Duration
There are six blocks of 5 days in-classroom tuition (9.00am to 4.30pm daily) over one year with 8 practical assignments.
1. Blocks 1 and 2 - Child Protection from the Perspective of the child
2. Blocks 3 and 4 – Understanding and Supporting Families
3. Blocks 5 and 6 – Child Protection and the CommunityCost
Diploma in Child Protection Studies costs $980.00* including GST.
(*Price effective from 22 November 2007)
This cost includes: Workbooks, assessments, resources, morning/afternoon tea daily. Lunch & dinner on the Marae Stay only.Requirements
1. Successful completion of the Child Protection Studies Programme or its equivalent (Prior learning is recognised)
2. A basic understanding of Treaty of Waitangi issues. Attendance at a one day Treaty workshop is recommended, if you have not already done so.More Information
For enrolment enquiries or for more information about the Diploma in Child Protection Studies, please contact Helen on 07 838 3370 or email Helen at email@example.com
Further information can also be found in the CPS Prospectus or on the CPS website at www.cps.org.nz
Official Website - www.cps.org.nz