Netmedicos.com

Turning Dreams of Medicos Into Reality...!!!
Mcqs MBBS Exams India
Welcome, GuestLogin / Register
Home >> Microbiology >> ForumTopic: diagnosis of chlamydia

Author:Message
wizkid

Total Posts: 46

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 01:44 am

Most sensitive test for Chlamydia infection is:
Option A : Serology
Option B : PCR
Option C : Culture
Option D : NAAT
rishi4840

Total Posts: 29

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 04:51 am

i guess it should be PCR
rishi4840

i guess it should be PCR
rishi4840

i guess it should be PCR
rishi4840

i guess it should be PCR
drS786

Total Posts: 54

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 03:09 am

Several types of tests can be used to find a chlamydia infection. Most tests use a sample of body fluid from the affected area.

* Nucleic acid amplification tests (NAAT). These tests find the genetic material (DNA) of chlamydia bacteria. These tests are the most sensitive tests available. This means they are very accurate and that they are very unlikely to have false-positive test results. A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is an example of a nucleic acid amplification test. This test can also be done on a urine sample.
* Nucleic acid hybridization tests (DNA probe test). A probe test also finds chlamydia DNA. A probe test is very accurate but is not as sensitive as nucleic acid amplification tests.
* Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA, EIA). This quick test finds substances (chlamydia antigens) that trigger the immune system to fight chlamydia infection.
* Direct fluorescent antibody test (DFA). This quick test also finds chlamydia antigens.
* Chlamydia culture. A culture is a special cup that allows the chlamydia bacteria to grow. This test is more expensive, and the results take longer (5 to 7 days) than the other tests. The culture must be done in a lab. The chlamydia culture test may be done when child sexual abuse is suspected or when treatment for infection has not worked.

Answer should be NAAT Nucleic acid amplification tests
whizmedico

Total Posts: 21

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 02:24 pm

But aren't PCR and NAAT the same? So isnt it ok to choose either of them?
You need to be logged in to post messages.